Develop the necessary skills to install stone paving safely and correctly to specifications, tolerances and guidelines, as advised by the industry and manufacturers.
Browse the course content below and get in touch today to book your place. Courses start from £150.
- Introduction - Delegates understand the basic geology of natural stone
- Benefits of natural stone - Delegates understand the features and benefits of this products versus alternative products available e.g. concrete paving
- Manufacturing process - Delegates understand the quarrying and manufacturing process, inclusive of the common formats and what makes a quality product
- Common faults - Delegates understand the common faults associated with this product
- Mortar base - Delegates can mix mortar, 4 sharp sand to 1 OPC, and lay a full bed correctly, ensuring industry standards are met
- Lay stone paving - Delegates can lay stone paving following instructions given, to industry standards
- Lay random pattern
- Delegates can lay a random pattern to industry standards
- Cut natural stone pavers by machine
- Delegates can mark and cut stone pavers safely to the correct sizes as per instruction
- Jointing - Delegate can joint stone paving using jointing compound to industry standards and manufacturers guidelines, maintaining joint widths
- Maintenance - Delegates understand the maintenance involved with the product, including aftercare tips
- Be able to install sub-bases to correct falls (1:40 – 1:60)
- Be able to mix mortars correctly to manufacturers specifications and guidelines
- Be able to lay stone paving correctly and safely to industry standards and manufacturers guidelines
- Be able to mark and cut stone paving correctly and safely to industry standards
- Be able to apply jointing methods safely and correctly to industry standards and manufacturers guidelines
This is a two day course, taking place at our Training Facility in North Lincolnshire.